Saturday, August 30, 2014

Farmall Quilt

This quilt is for a co-worker who bought a kit and handed it off to me to put together. When I brought it home I had to sneak it upstairs past my John Deere loving husband. Once he did find out what project I was working on, he said, that better not be for me, it's the wrong color tractor. Nope, not for you I said and yes I know you like John Deere. =) Here is a picture of the finished quilt on my daughter's bed.
 
The quilt stats are, 94 inches by 80 inches.
Stipple quilted. Hand binded
 

This is the largest quilt by far that I have sewn together and quilted. This Queen size quilt seem to grow overnight once I got ready to start quilting. That is a lot of fabric to get through on a home machine. But I did it and had a great time doing it!
It was a really east quilt to put together. first the cream colored blocks went together. Here is a close up of the bottom center block.

 Then those attached to the center panel.

After that it was just adding boarders. The tractor tire treads boarder is my all time favorite!! I have a few ideas and sketches running around of doing a quilt featuring those tractor tire treads. Watch out pattern world, here I come!
Here are a couple more pictures showing off the massiveness of this quilt.
My very tall husband is somewhere behind the quilt top

Me trying to get a picture of it while basting. I barely had enough room to lay it all out. Yikes!

Then a picture of it laying on my queen size bed. Don't you just love the tractor treads running down the sides?
Oh I almost forgot to show a picture of the back. What a wonderful farm scene.

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts.

Thanks for reading!
Just a Mom who Sews
 

1 comment:

  1. This is a real sweet finish, Hollie. I am a farm quilt fan.... We have a 50 acre farm. Love those tractor treads! Such a great job on this quilt kit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.