Monday, September 1, 2014

My 10 Quilty Little Secrets

I have seen many 10 Quilty Secret lists on the blogs that I follow. The original post started over at 13 Spools.


I thought that they sounded fun, so here are my ten Quilty Secrets in no particulate order:

I usually go off pattern at least once while following a pattern.

Poorly written directions is a huge pet peeve. Pictures are worth a thousand words!

I have a hard time imagining different fabrics with a quilt pattern. My upcoming quilt for my bed has a totally different fabric theme then the picture on the pattern. I would have never picked up the pattern without this fabric pairing.

The words, I'll take the rest of the bolt slips out of my mouth more then my checkbook would like.

I am not a huge fan of mini quilts or mug rugs.

I prefer to machine quilt my bindings to the top of the quilt and then hand stitch them to the back. It saves me a little time and I really like the look of the bindings this way.

Binding clips are my favorite tool of the moment. I have 10. This number will be increasing shorty. :)

I got my sewing room by kicking my husband out of his office area. It was a slow takeover, but I must say it's great having a whole room to be creative in.

Speaking of sewing room, it's a disaster! I am not kidding, not even a little.  :-/

I can't wrap my brain around how people are able to complete a quilt in a week. Week after week.

Well, that's my list. What's your Quilty Little Secrets?

Thanks for reading!
Just a Mom who Sews

1 comment:

  1. Binding clips..... I have been wanting to try those. Maybe they will be on my quilty Christmas list this year! Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.