Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Flight of the Butterfly

Way, way back in January I sent this beauty to my Husband's newest Goddaughter.
Forgive the pictures, I realized that I only took cellphone pictures. =/

Her Mama loves butterflies so this soft yellow and purple chevron quilt with butterflies and hearts seamed like a perfect fit.

I used Crazy Mom Quilts zig zag pattern that has NO, I repeat NO triangles in it. It's done with strip piecing and squares. Easy, peasy!!
This quilt is assembled from the top right corner to the bottom left hand corner.
I quilted this just in the yellow stripes with a loopy heart stipple pattern. It just reminded me of butterflies flying in the sky. 
Having technical problems, I couldn't get the photo to turn right side up. It shows up right side up in my pictures but when I transfer it, it looks like this. It's turning into that kind of day.

Thanks for reading!
Just a Mom who Sews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.