Wednesday, October 1, 2014

9(9) problems but a stitch ain't one

Amy over at 13spools has done it again. She blogged about her 9(9) problems only quilters will understand. Her list is awesome. I have been making a list in my head since I read her blog earlier today. So without further ado, here is my...
 
1) There will never be enough time to get all the projects done I want to. If I just did my projects I have planned now, right this second, it would take me a good year, okay maybe two, to get them done.
2) Co-workers/family/friends give me strange looks when I take days off to sew or go to sewing retreats.
3) I swear gremlins aka children come in my sewing room and move stuff at night. Scissors, thread spools, etc...
4) Speaking of children, I love mine to the moon and back, but I cringe when they step into my sewing room. About a year ago, my oldest crazything "made" a present for my youngest crazything. She cut up a project that I had made to sell. I found out I front of all our family and friends when the present was opened. My sewing room is now gated off from crazythings, that is when I remember to put up the gate.
5) When I forget to change thread and or bobbin when I switch between projects, because I can never just work on one thing at a time. It's always the worse color possible too.
6) When my camera memory card is full and I have ten seconds to get photos in of a project. Like earlier this week. Grrr!
7) I miscalculate how much time a project will take. This is something I need to get better at. Sewing the binding on my last quilt 40 mins before the baby shower might have been pushing the envelope. Especially since I still needed to shower, change, buy a card and drive to the shower yet. I was only 5 minutes fashionably late. (All my friends asked the minute I got there, if I was still working on the present and if it was done. Thanks, guys!)
8) Forgetting to turn off the iron and then having a panic attack when I am out of the house, praying that I did turn off the iron. I have gone upstairs in the middle of the night to check to see if I did. It's at 50/50 (on/off) when I check on it.
9) The quilt store is never open when I just need to pick up one little thing. Or close for that matter of fact. Not living in a city has it's disadvantages, sometimes.
 
There are my 9(9) quilter's problems in no particular order. Linking up with 13spools. Come on over and join the linky party too or just enjoy reading the quilter's problems.
 
Thanks for reading!
Just a Mom who Sews


9 comments:

  1. These are awesome! Umm, I was wondering, did anyone get a picture of your face when the youngest crazything opened her gift?? I hope you can laugh now, it is kind of funny ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over from 13 Spools to read your list. I laughed about your list because I've experienced so many of them too. I once went home to make sure I had turned off the iron (yes it was off.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Number 7 is me all the time to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list Hollie! I'm all about #1, 2, and 9!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so with you on #8 I eventually bought an auto turn off iron to save my sanity! Highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can so relate to your list, I know my stuff plays hide and seek with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list - and I can definitely relate to miscalculating time! Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man #4 now has me worrying about the future!! And I'm soooo thankful my iron has an auto-off....I don't think I could ever get one without it now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.