Thursday, October 2, 2014

Tetris baby quilt

While browsing tutorials and former quilt-a-longs over at Happy Quilting with Melissa, I found a Tetris quilt-a-long. What a find! One of my best friends' husband is a huge video gamer. They are expecting a baby girl this winter.

I needed a quilt that was not an ounce of girlie and one he would be willing to take along to different places. This quilt fit that tall order to a T! I scaled down the squares from the original 5 inch square to a 3 inch square.
After one fun night of playing Tetris on paper I had my 6 blocks and off I went to cut and sew. I was so happy to piece one block in an hour. This made me very happy since I had to have it finished by the end of the month. Deadlines are great are they? ;) I added a large black boarder just to the top to give the illusion of more space to place pieces yet to come. Finishing with a dark grey boarder all around.

I love it! I cross hatched quilted this to really show off the simple design of the quilt. The back is a pretty grey chevron print. Not girlie either to finish off the quilt. The quilt finished at 57'' x 35''. I can't wait to see my friend's and her husband's reactions! (Note: They LOVE it and the husband gave it two thumbs up, bonus!)
A few more photos since I got the "good" camera out. ;)

 
Linking up with NNT over at My Quilt Infatuation and Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts
Thanks for reading!
Just a Mom who Sews

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I love it, I've always thought Tetris would make a great quilt. I love the bright colours. The borders set it off a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun, this quilt! Bright colours are always so effective too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun, bright quilt for a baby. And not baby-ish either, so it will still work for her as she gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great modern baby quilt. Can you believe I've never played Tetris? I think her Dad might steal her quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love these bold colors, and I especially love your label! How did you make it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.