Friday, October 24, 2014

Sad Day

Last Saturday was a sad day at my house. My Grandmother passed away. So not much has gotten done in the sewing room since Friday. I wanted to share this quilt that I made her back in 2010.
Okay, so the pictures aren't great, but all I had was my ipod, not my good camera.
 

I wanted something very light weight, but also something that would keep her warm. I tried a crazy quilt pattern, but it didn't turn out that way. I still like the way it turned out. It reminds me of a house in the center and layers extending around the house. Just like a family, you start from a house of love and it keeps getting bigger and bigger as new members are added.

Since I sewed the strips onto a muslin, I just used a purple fleece as the backing to keep it light. I used some of her stash that she had given me, which is what prompted the quilt being made in the first place, as a Thank You. You can't tell purple was her favorite color, can you? I will miss you Grandma, but I know you are watching over us now.

Thanks for Reading!
Just a Mom who Sews

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Grandma. It's always sad to lose a loved one. I hope that you had many happy years with her. I enjoyed seeing her purple quilt. I'm sure that she enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.