Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Star Light Star Bright Quilt-A-Long

Have you ever done a Quilt A Long with another blogger? I did this spring over at Happy Quilting with Melissa. First off, of you haven't visited her blog, you are missing out! She has all kinds of wonderful tutorials, videos, former quilt-a-longs and her blogs are wonderful sources of quilty info.

For this quilt-a-long, I chose the single star, picnic size. She has multiple sizes with up to four stars across.

I decided that my oldest crazy thing would use this as her bed quilt. She helped picked the fabrics, both front and back.
For a quilt-a-long each week you get an assignment. The quilt is usually broken down anywhere from six to eight week assignments. Bonus, for getting your week's assignment done, a chance at weekly prizes!! Now if that's not motivation, I don't know what is. :) I must pat myself on the back here and say I completed each week's assignment. I did not make it to the finished quilt parade, but I had it done in the next week. Hand binding takes awhile, is my excuse and I'm sticking to it! Lol I quilted this one in purple variegated thread in a circular pattern.


Here it is in it's final resting place, for now. My crazy thing has a hard time deciding which side to have up for the week, fairies or frozen. Yes, the frozen craze is still strong at my house.

Thanks for reading!
Just a Mom who Sews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.