Friday, January 9, 2015

As promised...

As promised I braved the cold and snow to take pictures of my Manly Stripes quilt. This was a very quick and easy quilt for my nephew based off of his favorite shirt. I wasn't sure how to quilt this one at first, then it called out for circuit board stippling. I haven't quilted many quilts thus far, but this one "told" me where to go and what to do. I wish all of them did that. ;) About halfway through, I thought that I had quilted it too densely. By that point, there was no unpicking it. I just kept going, hoping that it would turn out great. It did! I quilted it with a variegated thread of red and white. Much better then the grey I had initially picked out. I just love the way the eye keeps moving from one section to another. I really could just look at this one all day! Now for the photos!

Don't worry, any white specs are snow. It happens when your background is snow and it's blowing.



 Ha! I didn't even know I had taken this one while I was trying to hold the quilt down. But I love it!
This is what the quilt looked like most of the time I was taking pictures. Very windy, but it's sunny. So braving the wind chill advisory I went! I just couldn't get a full view picture. =(
 
 
Linking up with NNT over at My Quilt Infatuation and Finish it Friday at Crazy Mom quilts. Take a look around at all the eye candy. There are very creative people out there!
 
Thanks for reading!
Hollie

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to the photo problem! Some quilts are just temperamental. Congrats on a "cool" finish. I bet your nephew loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Having only sons I enjoy seeing manly quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.