Sunday, February 1, 2015

Irish Chain Twist Quilt-a-long with Happy Quilting

Okay, Okay, I know I should not be doing a quilt-a-long with my HUGE 1st quarter to do list, BUT I have wanted to do an Irish chain quilt for a long, long time. Then, Melissa over at Happy Quilting is an awesome teacher. I did her last quilt-a-long, Star Bright, Star Light and you can see my finish here.



SO with out further ado, here is my fabric pull for the quilt-a-long. I have the backing picked out too, but the fabric store didn't have enough of it, so I have to wait till they get more in. Then silly me, forgot to even see who even made it. That's what happens when you take two crazythings to the fabric store. At least we were entertainment for a husband being dragged along to the fabric store by his wife.
Teal (Flower Petals Aqua) is my background, purple (Eyelet Magenta) the X squares, the oranges (Tessellation Sherbert, Orange Woven, Orange Tonal) for the chain of squares and the yellows (Etchings Plaid Yellow, Pin dot Yellow/White) for pedal applique blocks. Yikes! That block is going to be a new skill for me. I just hope that I can keep up.

I encourage anyone and everyone to come over and join the party!

Thanks for reading!
Hollie-Just a Mom who Sews

1 comment:

  1. Your colors are so fabulous (and perfect to combat this snowy winter). Can't wait to follow your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.