Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy 2015!

2015 is going to be a GREAT year! I can just feel it! One thing that I know is going to make it a better year is I am changing jobs and locations with the company I work for with my job outside the home. So please forgive me ahead of time if I don't post a lot in January or February.

I have been looking around the internet lately and noticed some people doing quarterly To Do lists. I think this is a wonderful idea. (Warning this is a crazy long list, so settle in for a looonngg post!)

SO, here goes my 1st quarter To Do list in no particular order:

Finish my seasons wall hanging. Started this one in August at my club's retreat but didn't like the boarder I had picked out. I now have the boarder piece so no more excuses.


Finish my mesh tote bag. This was a monthly project at my sewing club meeting in October I think. Still needs our name embroidered on a piece and it should be ready to go together. Was suppose to finish this for my crazything's fall swimming lessons Crazything is no longer taking them this winter.

Make myself a new scarf before winter really hits! I desperately need a new one.

Spiral quilt and bind this quilt that I basted with my Manly Stripes quilt. (I promise to get pictures of that quilt when I borrow it back from it's owner in January.)

Start and Finish my Cinnamon Star quilt. I started cutting it out at my August retreat and it's not gone any further. (Anyone see a pattern here?!?) Also for this one, I need to find a tad more of Michael Miller's Fairy Frost in Haze so I can make this quilt bigger then the pattern calls for. I want it to be king size for my queen sized bed. I like my bed topping to be long on all sides.


(So far it's all about Finishing things I started in 2014!!)

Make my crazythings each a frozen pillow case. I think I'm going to add Minky fabric to the opening edge. I just have to find different colors so there are no fights about whose is whose.


Make my sister a Taggie Blanket for my newest niece or nephew due mid summer.
I also need one for a co-worker, so I hope to tag-team these projects.

Start and Finish two T-shirt throws for a friend. I warned her I was slow to finish items, so she was fore warned.


Start a stacked square quilt for my youngest crazything so when she moves to a big girl bed she will have a quilt top. This I still need to think about pairing it with some solids to complete the quilt.

Fix my crazything leotards that I accidently stuck in the dryer. Bad Momma!

Geez, that's quite a list. So if I just finish 8 of the 14 items I will be a happy camper. Ha! who am I kidding, if I even get 4 things finished I will be happy. (Note: Three things are required to be done by the end of February.)

What are your Sewing Resolutions or New To Do lists?

Update: I joined the 2015 Finish-Along! I'm so excited and so motivated!!! The most important part right??

Thanks for reading!
Hollie
Just a Mom who Sews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.