Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Beast aka Puffy Quilt Finish

IT'S DONE! Yes, this needed to be shouted!

This puffy quilt turned into a Beast of a quilt. It was huge and very, very heavy! I finished it up last night at 2 am. Thank goodness for Hallmark like romantic Christmas movies on TV last night. These puffies are filled with two and a half bags of stuffing.

 Here is the back before turning right side out.
Tiny little pillows. I should have laid my head on and went to sleep, but no, I kept going.
 
I tried to leave plenty of room to birth this quilt. I  probably left a good foot opening and more then once I thought that it was going to rip or I was going to have to go get the seam ripper, but I got it turned. Happy Dance!!! Thank goodness everyone else was asleep and didn't have to see me hysterically wrestling with this quilt and then dancing around once I had battled birthing this beast.

Here it is turned and in all it's glory! I love the grey satin ruffle. It ties everything together.
 
This is the back of the quilt. Isn't it cute flannel?
 
Soft flannel, satin ruffle, cotton squishy puffs, aaahhh, it's all my
favorite textures in one adorable quilt. I might just have to visit this quilt in it's new home. =) I was so excited to get it to it's new home this morning, that I didn't even measure it or weight it. LOL
I would guess it to be 56 x 38, not including the ruffle.
 
 
Thanks for reading!
Just a Mom who Sews


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the Beast! :) I left one entire end of mine open to turn it, then realized I had to hand sew it all closed. Oy! It's a pretty blanket - baby is sure to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great baby quilt! Those puffy quilts were very popular in the 70s (well before your time). Was it hard to make?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.