Friday, December 5, 2014

Manly Stripes?

A new Personal Record for me in getting this quilt top together. Seriously, maybe three hours IF you include cutting. I've never had this for a quilt. Start and Finish in the same setting, let alone on a week night. Okay, Okay, I'll stop patting my self on the back now. ;)

This quilt top is for my Husband's Godchild for Christmas. When they say, "Ya, just get me a blanket for the bed." that is my cue to go shopping! I was good, I shopped my stash and found the white solid. For the rest, I had to go help the economy on Black Friday. :) I made my own pattern and I based it off of one of his favorite shirts. These colors just happen to be his school colors and his favorite college team, Ohio State. I picked up some Ohio State flannel for the back. I really hope to get outside and take "nice" photos when it's quilted up and bound.

I'm having a hard time coming up with a good name for this quilt. Manly Stripes is my main pick right now, but it's still missing something. Its for a tween boy, so not really a man, yet. Any suggestions??

Thanks for reading!
Just a Mom who Sews

3 comments:

  1. It's very striking! Sorry, is too early on a Saturday morning for me to have any inspirational names though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pattern. It looks very "bold" to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manly stripes works : ) It's perfect. Visiting from Crazy Mom's place

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.