Friday, July 4, 2014

T-Shirt Quilt

Happy 4th of July everyone! This was a perfect finish for Independence Day. It's made up of different shirts from college. Get it...for those who have gone to college that's when they gain a lot of  Independence. Okay, bad joke I know, but I still like it and now on to the quilt.

This quilt all started from surfing on Pinterest. I had "pinned" a couple of t-shirts quilts on to my sewing board. My former college roommate seen them and asked if I could make a quilt for her from her high school/college t-shirts. I said, "Sure, Why not." Then she asked if it could be not done in rows. Eek! Well, okay, I'll see what I can do. Well this is the finished product. I love it!

I actually took "real" photos of the quilt and not just with my tiny carry around camera. I got the tripod out and everything. Ya, me! But, it was windy this morning and no helper around so this is what I could get without the wind blowing the quilt all around.
 

 Look, I put a label on! I haven't done many labels, so its not something I have a lot of practice doing, but I want to start. I even used scrap t-shirt as the label. Clever, I thought.
This picture doesn't do the back justice. I only outlined the t-shirt panels so the back looks like window frames, I think. A window in to each shirt's memory. (I'm so cheesy) The backing is quilter's flannel. It's so soft and cozy! To finish the quilt off I wrapped the backing to the front and binded the quilt that why. So easy!
 
I can't wait to drop this beauty off on Monday when I get to have dinner with my favorite former college roommate.
 
 
Thanks for reading!
Just a Mom who Sews


8 comments:

  1. Oh you have made me giggle with your little jokes! Great quilt, your friend will no doubt be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad someone else has my sense of humor. Have a Great weekend!

      Delete
  2. wonderful, I love that the blocks are all different, great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them. This quilt challenged my piecing skills. Have a Great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Lovely! My sister is planning on me making a T-shirt quilt for her son when he graduates high school next year. I hope she gives me enough time to get it completed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will be wonderful and greatly appreciated for many, many years to come.

      Delete

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.