Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Productive Saturday

First off, let me say, I have a wonderful husband because he said "Yes" when I asked if I could go sew on Saturday at my stitcher's club meeting place and that he would watch the kids. I packed up my sewing machine, threw several projects into the car and off I went to sew. I took four projects with me, hoping that all would get done, praying that half would get done, thinking that one had better get done!

Project #1: I've had my puffy quilt pinned together, just needing the back sewn to the top. Check! That was project number one. I still needed to puff the outer ring of puffs before birthing the project, I like that terminology better then turning right side out. I usually forget to leave myself enough room and it's a struggle to get that much puffed fabric through a too small opening. Doh!

Here is the puffy quilt completely finished

Project #2: A panel fabric book that I had bought back in August. Yes, I start Christmas shopping early. Please don't throw snowballs. I'm almost done and half of them are wrapped. Now you can throw snowballs. ;) That still needs a little bit of hand sewing, which I hope to finish tonight.



Project #3: My youngest crazything has not learned to pull the covers up in the middle of the night when she gets cold because she has kicked them off earlier in the night. I decided the solution to the problem was to make a huge sleep sack. She has outgrown all of the ones I bought. All my crazythings wore sleep sacks every night to help keep them warm without using blankets to prevent any suffocation. To put this sleep sack in perspective, the zipper is 22 inches long and does not go all the way to the bottom. she had plenty of room to grow longer with this one.

Project #4: My stitcher's club makes prayer cloths for the local hospital. I've made two before and have had these two running around in my sewing bag for several months now. I finished both of these on Saturday, so they are ready to hand in, in the new year when we meet again.

These finishes felt so good! Plus it only took me about four hours to finish up all these projects. That just put me in such a good mood for the rest of the weekend, which was crazy with three birthday parties!
I hope you all are just as productive in the upcoming weekends with all the Holiday craziness!

Thanks for reading!
Just a Mom who Sews





1 comment:

  1. Great projects Hollie! I'm glad that you got to enjoy some sewing time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.