Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Christmas Sewing

Around this time of the year, projects seem to double or triple overnight, all with that wonderful December 25th deadline. I started and finished my sewy Christmas projects for my family, this past week. First, I wanted to give my husband a surprise Christmas present. He is so hard to buy for and then usually only wants dress clothes, he wears them for work, so they wear out pretty quickly. When I bravely took my two crazythings to a local One Stop Shop Hop in October, we found a John Deere print, we all liked. I only bought a half yard, because I didn't know what I wanted to do with it, yet. After "shopping" my stash, I found a corn print I had bought in Shipshewana and left over solid yellow from the Tetris quilt. Bingo! Pillowcase it is! I even "shopped", sewed, photographed all during naptime. Go me!


Next, I sewed up this cute panel fabric book for my youngest crazything. I'm hoping that my oldest will read it to my youngest during church, so that they both with be good. HA!

I found it while browsing the clearance section at Red Rock Threads, mid-summer. I start my Christmas shopping early. ;) It's such a good feeling to be almost done with that big task. The only thing I have left to do is to sew a quilt up for my nephew by December 14th. Yikes! Did I mention I haven't bought the fabric yet?

Thanks for reading!
Just a Mom who Sews

1 comment:

  1. Great pillowcase for your husband! Hope he doesn't read your blog! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.