Saturday, April 25, 2015

Oh the places quilts go...

So I haven’t been around lately in blogland, but I have been up in my sewing room, sewing like a mad fiend almost every night! I shipped out a customer quilt this week, to of all places, Australia! Part of me wishes I could have just shipped myself to Australia; it’s very high on my top 10 places to visit. But oh well, guess I’ll just stay here in my little corner of the world. It’s rainy right now, but by next week it’s rumored to be in the 80s. WooHoo! This means happy farmers by the end of the week, which means happy days at work. Speaking of work, my co-workers got a taste of my sewing enthusiasm, shall we say, when I brought the Australian quilt along on a work field trip to bury the threads. Hey, I wasn’t driving and it was going to be an hour and half drive one way, so I might as well do something productive, right??? I may have an upcoming trip for work which will be about three days from home, by myself. So my question is… Has anyone else taken sewing projects on work trips? Or on Vacation to work in the car/plane/train. How did that work out for you?

 I’m thinking of taking a hand quilting project that has been on my WIP list for, well forever. It’s my first quilt. I thought quilts were all hand quilted, that was many moons ago, now I know more about machine quilting. But since I started it, it's probably over half way done, I might as well finish it and having three nights of down time in a hotel sounds like the perfect time for some hand quilting.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I would definitely take a project! It would be the perfect time to do some sewing. I always try to take a project with me. I might not get much done on it, but it's there if I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love english paper piecing for sewing while quilting! I almost always sew if we're driving for any length of time (and my husband does the driving, of course!), and when I flew home for my brother's wedding last month I stitched on the plane there and back. Hand quilting would be great too, especially if you will have evenings to yourself to stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.