Wednesday, April 15, 2015

2nd quarter Finish-a-long already??

Well the 1st quarter Finish-A-Long is done. Is my list done? HAHAHAHA! Not even close. As a recap, I had 14 items on my To Finish List, Seasons wall hanging, mesh tote bag, new scarf, spiral quilt, Cinnamon start quilt, (2) pillowcases, (2) Taggie Blankets, fixing the gymnastics leotards, (2) t-shirt quilts and a stacked squares quilt. I DID finish making myself a new scarf, spiral quilted and finished the spiral flannel quilt, (2) pillowcases done from my crazythings for Valentine's Day, one taggie blanket and BOTH of the t-shirt quilts. For starting back fulltime working, I do feel like I did get a lot done. So now on to this quarter's list, (Note: It's even more ridiculous then first quarters')

On the list again...
Finish my seasons wall hanging. Started this one in August at my club's retreat but didn't like the boarder I had picked out. I now have the boarder piece so no more excuses. (Didn't even touch this one)
Finish my mesh tote bag. This was a monthly project at my sewing club meeting in October I think. Still needs our name embroidered on a piece and it should be ready to go together. Was suppose to finish this for my crazything's fall swimming lessons Crazything is no longer taking them till summer. (I did get our last name embroidered on the fabric that is to go on the top edge.)
 
Start and Finish my Cinnamon Star quilt. I started cutting it out at my August retreat and it's not gone any further. (Anyone see a pattern here?!?) Also for this one, I need to find a tad more of Michael Miller's Fairy Frost in Haze so I can make this quilt bigger then the pattern calls for. I want it to be king size for my queen sized bed. I like my bed topping to be long on all sides. (Haven't found the Fairy Frost fabric, yet...)
Start a stacked square quilt for my youngest crazything so when she moves to a big girl bed she will have a quilt top. This I still need to think about pairing it with some solids to complete the quilt. (This one needs to move up on the priority list)

Fix my crazything leotards that I accidently stuck in the dryer. Bad Momma! (Got the seam ripper out one day and detached the tops from the ruined bottom pieces)

Finish the Irish Chain quilt-a-long I started but stopped halfway through because my life got crazy...


My sister requested a tie blanket for my nephew to be born this summer from this fleece. Maybe I'll try that new braided technique. Also, a few burp cloths from these flannels.


I still need to make her a Taggie Blanket too.

Chevron quilt to teach to my sewing class. Here is the jelly roll I plan to use. It may double as a baby gift for someone later this year. I swear something is in the water around here...(I'm Perfectly happy with my two crazythings)


Okay, that's it for the list. I have several other projects, mostly t-shirt quilts for customers and a baby tetris quilt too, but these are my personal projects on this list. In reality, I really hope to get two things done. This is a great way for me to list my current projects and be able to see what I need to work on before I take more on.

Linking up with the 2nd quarter Finish-a-long over at On the Windy Side. Check the blog out, Adrianne has some pretty cool stuff she is working on. (So I am a day behind! I thought I had till today to link up, duh, wrong day Hollie! Oh well, there is always next quarter!)

Thanks for reading!
Hollie
Just a Mom who Sews

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hollie - my LQS has some of the Fairy Frost line. I can check on the colors for you if you would like......I'll be going there either today or tomorrow. You have an ambitious list, but that's what quilting is all about, right? :) At least you made yours public - I won't even write mine down!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.