Sunday, June 1, 2014

Anna Inspired Coronation Dress

I was so blessed to get the opportunity to pattern test this Anna Inspired Coronation Dress. My crazy things are CRAZY about Frozen!! I think even I can sing most songs from the soundtrack. Anyway, here is my version of Anna's Coronation Dress.

It doesn't look like she likes it or anything right? We had to play all the Anna songs before I could get pictures so she could sing and dance about. Seeing her this happy, brought tears to my eyes. But then her first question was when can I make Elsa's dresses. Oh my! What have I gotten myself into!

This dress did take awhile to make, but it was so worth it. It is a very well written pattern with TONS of pictures!! So you are wondering were you can get your hands on this pattern, aren't you?? The direct link to the pattern for sale on Etsy by Made By Marci is here Anna Inspired Coronation Dress Pattern. The hardest part of the whole pattern is the stenciling. I am not a good stenciler. (I think that is a word) So I used a light box, it sounds just like what it's name implies, a box with a light facing up covered by clear plastic. I taped down the stencil, taped freezer paper over the stencil with the waxy side facing up. Then hand painted each of the twelve panels. Once I got the hang of it down, I cruised through the panels. Here is a picture of all twelve laid out to dry.
 
 
Yes, after I get a few more things off of the sewing To Do List, I will try my hand at an Elsa ice dress. 

Thanks for reading!
Just a Mom who Sews


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.