Monday, February 16, 2015

Irish Chain Quilt-A-Long week Two assignment

This week's assignment was to take the triangles and sandwich a rectangle in between them.
 It sounded easy enough. So off I went gathering my 300+ triangles and a 100+ rectangles and off to my sewing retreat Friday evening I went. My thought was I will have these popped out that night and be able to start on the next project in the morning. Ha, ha, ha! Ignorance is bliss right?? 160 once through the machine takes awhile; let alone twice! This goes back to my last post Bitten off more then I can chew? So I did get the one triangle on and threads clipped apart on Friday.

That looks like a productive pile for a couple of hours of sewing. It almost hides a cone of thread.
 
Saturday morning I ironed the seams and started on the 160 back through the machine to add the other triangle.

This pile would have buried the cone of thread.
 
Clip, iron, count out blocks to make sure I have my 160, yup all there with a few leftover triangles.
How, did I get that many leftover triangles, you ask? I read the directions wrong! Head hanging in shame :( For some reason I kept reading 360 triangles instead of 320. I needed 160 rectangles. I say it was from staying up too late and procrastination. On a good note, I won the first prize in the quilt-a-long!! Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!! Now to go scope out Green Fairy Quilts with my gift certificate. I'm sure something will call my name! I just hope it's not too many somethings! One of my faithful readers suggested I use the triangles to make a pillow(s) to go with my quilt. I think that's a great idea! Thanks, Beth!

Thanks for reading!
Hollie
Just a Mom who Sews

2 comments:

  1. Way to go!!! Yes, I know, even though it is chain stitching, it still takes a while ;) But way to stick with it and get it all done!!! Looking great, and yes, a pillow would be so cute with the extras :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are beautiful! Slow and steady wins the race!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.