Saturday, February 28, 2015

A pillow and a blankie

So, I did get something done in the sewing room this week. I finished up a Taggie Blanket for a co-worker. She wanted a Cleveland Brown's Taggie Blanket. This one is different from my normal mixtures of textures. I still used satin for the backing, minky for the front but instead of a corduroy, I used a printed cotton fabric.
 I flipped the corner up to cover the name I embroidered onto the blanket

Look at this cute football ribbon I found. It just finishes off the blanket perfectly. Plus, it's another finish for my 1QFAL. Though I don't think my WIP's list is getting any closer to being shorten. I keep adding to it in my head all the time. Then just last week I remembered I forgot three projects to put on the list. Agh! Hopefully next quarter I can work on not adding anything and crossing more off the list. (Yup, I'm laughing too)

The pillow I finished is a birthday gift for a friend of ours' daughter who is also a classmate of my daughter's. Hopefully we get to make it to the birthday party because my oldest crazything is feeling not so crazy right now. It's a nasty bug going around in her classroom right now.

 Another burrito pillowcase. This one I did a little different then from my other burrito pillowcases. I only made the minky edge an inch and a half wide finished. So I started with a three inch wide strip. It was a big pain to turn!! I almost didn't get it turned. But it was also problematic to sew. All that Frozen fabric, rolled up into three inches of minky. It was one tight burrito! I would do the five inch finish one hundred times over then have to do one more inch and a half finish.
Well that's my finishes for the week. I hope to have lots to show during the week, next week. Everyone stay warm and safe. Still well below freezing temps here. I believe we are under a wind chill advisory right now.

Thanks for reading!
Hollie
Just a Mom who Sews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your wonderful comment! I love hearing from everyone near and far! If you don't receive a reply, check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.